Thursday, November 12, 2015

Doll Sweater Dress from Gloves

I'm always looking for a way to make fast and easy doll clothes. Previously I made sweater dresses for Barbie-sized dolls out of gloves.


I've also made doll sweaters from socks.


This time I made Dena a sweater dress from a pair of $1 gloves.




It was super fast and easy. I simply cut off the two center fingers and stitched a seam on the wrong side to be able to cut off the thumb.  For the remaining two fingers I cut off the ends to serve as sleeves. Instead of hemming the "sleeves" I roll them to make a cuff. By hand I stitched a narrow hem for the neck. Give it a try!




8 comments:

  1. Hi Rachelle, beautiful dresses! I always see cute socks and gloves in my favorite outlet store that would be great to make dolls outfits with, but haven't bought anything so far, now I'm inspired to try this too, I'll pick up some the next time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So gorgeous and creative. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these! I bought some of these types of gloves last year thinking I could use them to make doll clothes. Now I know I can do it too! Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello from Spain: I love your creativity. It is a great idea. I like these designs much. Keep in touch

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like this dress and Dena looks really good in it. I have made clothes from socks, but never thought of gloves. What a cool idea. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never considered using gloves. Great idea. Your Dena always looks like she is getting ready to go out on a hot date. I love that sock dress with the pink hearts.

    ReplyDelete
  7. VERY clever, Rachelle. And the dresses look really stylish. I've made a jacket out of a leather glove, but I'll have to try the knitted gloves for a dress. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete