Saturday, January 24, 2015

It's A New Day

As we near the end of 2015 I am well aware that I let this blog fall by the wayside. I haven't been ignoring my dolls...just this blow. I promise to do better. I'm going to slowly bring this blog up-to-date with all that I've been doing with my dolls. The most exciting news is that I've discovered action figures! I love the adult look and not the "teenager" look of my Mattel dolls. The main issue I have with them is that their bodies are so much more muscular than the Mattel dolls which required custom drafted patterns for fit. The second issue is their feet. I do have a selection of shoes but only combat type boots. I've already broken a foot on one guy because of the vise-like fit. Not an all the way bad thing because it made me venture into making shoes!  I'll leave you with a few pictures and promise to return with more frequency!





3 comments:

  1. Great guys! Congratulations with the shoe-making, your shoes look great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thx Night Owl. I really enjoyed making the shoes and have made several other pairs.

      Delete
  2. Those certainly are "real men" dolls!!! Great job on the shoes. Looking forward to seeing more of your blog!

    ReplyDelete