Sunday, February 9, 2014

Welcome

Welcome to The Barbie Chronicles. I decided to create this blog to chronicle the fun I'm having sewing for and having fun with my Barbie dolls. I have more than 50 dolls in my collection that I've acquired over the years. I don't consider myself a collector because none of them are in the boxes and none have on their original outfits. I'm an avid sewer so there are always enough scraps around to sew a few Barbie doll outfits.  Don't expected to see too many wedding or ball gowns. My Barbies are "everyday fabulous." Of late I've started to make dioramas and am really enjoying all that goes into it. I'm now a Barbie hair stylist, jewelry maker...you name it, I do it. I hope you enjoy yourself while you're here. Check back often.

Below is my very first diorama. It's a 12x12. I designed it around a floor tile. I used one of my very favorite Barbies for it. I love her sweet face. I made her outfit, jewelry, pipe cleaner dog, tablet, rug, sofa and pillows. The "wallpaper" is a sheet of scrapbook paper. The mirror is from a makeup compact and the lamp is a tea light candle holder for the Dollar Store.


See ya soon!

3 comments:

  1. Well hello there.. Cute doll & set up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. omg, I played this way with Barbies when I was young but I didn't know there was a name for it- making dioramas!
    When I retire, I will join you!

    ReplyDelete