Monday, February 24, 2014

Leopard Jacket

I'm sure this Barbie was gifted to me because I don't remember buying her. I do remember having to use rubbing alcohol to remove the ink from her face, particularly her mouth.


This jacket almost wound up the garbage. It's McCalls 5462 circa 1991. The suggested fabric was fake fur. I found this fabric at the Salvation army and thought it would be the perfect marriage between pattern and fabric. Boy was I wrong. The finished garment wound up being HUGE. I changed the collar a bit and took in the sleeves and side seams and it still stunk. I took the scissors to it removing several inches of length and was finally satisfied with it. The coat is being worn over this strapless faux leather dress.



I think the wire jewelry, made by me, is the perfect compliment.

No comments:

Post a Comment