Saturday, March 1, 2014

Barbie Folding Pretty House Bedroom

I'm in the process of remodeling my Barbie Folding Pretty House. Until recently I didn't even know what it was called and was astounded by the asking price. On eBay they go for upwards of $100! Here are the pictures of what I've done so far.











The entire room is inspired by what I've learned from "My Froggy Stuff" blog and YouTube channel. She is brilliant and has gotten my creative Barbie juices really going. The "dresser" is actually a microwave popcorn box, the "nightstand" is a "MAC" makeup box while the "bed" is a doll box. The "headboard" was cut using a Spellbinders Nestabilitie die and doll packaging. I also made the bedding. The sheets are 600 thread count. The fabric was left over from a duvet cover I made for my own bed! Nothing but the best for my fashion dolls! The lamp is from a MFS video. The "wallpaper and floor" are scrapbooking paper as well as the "sky" outside the window. I made the wall hanging with scrapbooking supplies too. The dresser mirror is a mirror I picked up at Salvation Army.

Recently my husband said I have to give the dolls names other than "Barbie."  Nicole is seated by the window reading a magazine and Jordan is sitting on the bed. I really hope I can keep up with the names! I'm also working on the kitchen. I'm customizing a "cabinet unit" currently and trying to decide on tables and chairs. As soon as it's finished I'm be posting picture here. Thanks for stopping by and please leave a comment letting me know what you think of the bedroom.

2 comments:

  1. so cute...the froggy is awesome:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the room! My Froggy is awesome. She comes up with some really amazing stuff!

    ReplyDelete